allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Manager to lead our team of Software Developers.
Primary areas of accountability:
Some of the key duties will include:
- Working collaboratively across multiple teams and the business to help shape the strategy and approach for the development of projects
- Leading and mentoring a team of Developers at varying levels of abilities
- Utilising product and project schedules to plan work allocation, manage resources effectively and deliver quality products in line with priorities and deadlines
- Providing leadership and guidance when incidents occur in IT
Key skills required:
To be successful in these roles you will need:
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders throughout the business
- Experience of working within a waterfall and agile development environment and a passion to deliver best practice in these areas
- Extensive experience of using Azure DevOps (or similar) for the delivery of work
- Ideally a background in software house and / or a financial services environment although this is not essential
- Well-organised, detail oriented and able to handle and effectively prioritise multiple tasks under pressure
People are at the heart of allpay and we reward our employee with a competitive benefits package which includes, a defined contribution group pension scheme, income protection, life assurance, an array of health and wellbeing options including private healthcare cover and an onsite gym. This is coupled with our excellent Learning and Development offering.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.