allpay Limited are one of the UK’s leading payments service providers offering a comprehensive range of managed bill payment collection solutions as well as being an authorised EMI and prepaid issuer and programme manager
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales Director to join the business. Within this role your focus will be on developing, implementing and ensuring the smooth execution of the sales strategy and delivering commercial value across our bill payments and prepaid card business areas. This will be achieved through your ability to lead and develop our National Sales team.
There will be a heavy emphasis on ensuring we remain the leading payment specialist within the marketplace and continue to grow our market share in existing markets and successfully delivering growth in new markets.
In addition, you will lead the tenders team to ensure we strengthen our position and opportunity to win new business alongside retaining ongoing business.
Primary areas of accountability:
Your duties will include:
- Devising and implementing the company’s sales strategy.
- Exceeding revenue targets for the company and setting key performance indicators.
- Meeting with the sales managers on a monthly basis to assess company performance against KPI’s.
- Presenting sales results to the board on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Speaking at conferences and events about the company’s products and services.
- Implementing sales strategies across the company and monitoring effectiveness.
- Working closely with the product and marketing teams to generate new business opportunities and keep ahead of the competition.
- Keeping a close eye on the sales activities and product roadmap of allpay competitors.
- Overseeing performance management of under-performing sales staff.
- Implementing a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales.
- Ensuring the organisation has an effective sales training programme.
- Working with members of the board on budgeting and planning.
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers and ensuring commerciality.
- Implementing an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process.
- Ensuring the CRM is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques throughout the department.
- Maintain and develope a highly motivated and dynamic sales force.
Previous experience working as a sales director ideally for a similar organisation and with a public sector client base.
Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance with sales teams.
Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
Formal sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
All applicants for the previous Head of Sales role do not need to reapply.