allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are now recruiting for Production Engineer to join our Production Team. The role is based in our Hereford Office.
Reporting to the Production Manager, in this role you will provide a professional, efficient and customer focused engineering support. You will plan and co-ordinate the repair, installation, testing, operation and maintenance of all machinery and equipment within the print media, card manufacturing, card finishing and card bureau departments.
Primary areas of accountability:
As Production Engineer, some of your key duties will include:
- Ensuring equipment uptime – This is to be recorded and improvement plans developed where necessary to improve percentage uptime;
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department;
- Development of and adherence to Planned Maintenance schedules and activities. Records to be continually updated and available to the Head of Compliance at all times;
- Responsible for Inventory control of all spare parts, ensuring all are stored in suitable environments, clearly identified and available when required and replaced in a timely manner.
- Development of risk control processes and technical improvements of single point of failure equipment ensuring critical path failures are controlled as much as possible;
- Supplier relationship management, ensuring that products are purchased at best value from suppliers on allpay’s approved supplier list or are added to such.
Key skills required
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- HND level degree or equivalent in electro/mechanical engineering;
- GCSE grade “C” or above in three subjects including Mathematics and English;
- Ability to develop and implement technical solutions to equipment issues;
- Good communication skills at a variety of levels with the ability to liaise with other departments and functions to minimise disruption of issues or servicing activities
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers;
- Organised and aware of the importance of good housekeeping procedures;
- Computer skills to an intermediate standard or equivalent / higher;
- Team skills within a small team working environment.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.