We have an exciting opportunity to develop your skills as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer for a leading fintech company, based in Hereford, who specialise in payment and financial services.
You will be working in an exciting, dynamic team, in a highly productive and engaging role, supporting and delivering agile and leading-edge cloud solutions across VMWare, Hyper-V and Azure platforms. This position is ideal if you are currently a systems or infrastructure engineer looking to develop your Azure Cloud skills, or if you’re a 3rd line support engineer looking to progress into cloud support and design.
You will work alongside a Senior Engineer and Architects who will help mentor and develop your skillset with a view to future development within the role. Working within the IT infrastructure services team, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be helping to drive transformational change across on-prem and cloud services.
Primary areas of accountability:
- Supporting the day to day running of the department
- Resolving support issues
- Monitoring and supporting the company’s development, staging and production Server environments
- Supporting senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams to deliver new projects
- Supporting Azure cloud services & virtual machines including SQL Azure, IIS and Azure AD, as well as on-prem Windows server operating systems and legacy managed VMWare environment
Key skills required:
A good general understanding of Azure services is essential with further training provided to manage and deliver platforms used by the business. We are looking for a candidate who is driven to learn or implement Infrastructure as a Code using Azure Resource Manager, ARM templates and powershell to deliver consistent environments on demand.
- Powershell exposure/ experience an advantage
- Virtualisation experience (Hyper-V and VMWare would be an advantage)
- Good level of understanding of cloud environments
- Experience of Azure
- Experience in a support/ Service desk Environment
- Some SQL management experience
- Knowledge of Biztalk an advantage
- Knowledge of ITIL/ Change management not essential, but would be advantageous
In support of the company's cloud migration strategy, exposure to the following would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft Azure PaaS
- Azure Resource Manager
- Automated deployments with Azure DevOps
- Cloud Networking
- Cloud Security
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.