allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are now looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT Operations team.
Primary areas of accountability:
Within this role you will:
- Help produce appropriate infrastructure designs and technical specifications in line with defined processes to support the development of new and improved systems.
- Work closely on the design and implementation of solutions with senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
- Work within Agile teams to help deliver solutions into live environments.
- Work with the team where required with issues to the live systems and where necessary take on the role of incident manager.
- Provide support to colleagues through mentoring and guide on best practice and continuous improvement.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours additional support during a major incident where the business need demands it.
- Participate in the IT Operations shift pattern (between 8am and 6pm) and out of hours rota.
Key skills required:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Expertise in the following technologies; server, virtualization, storage area networks, network routing and load balancing and active directory.
- Technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols and standards.
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Microsoft ITIL certified would be beneficial.
- Highly motivated individual who can see complex problems as an exciting challenge and be able to provide multiple solutions to meet requirements.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.