allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are now recruiting for Direct Debits Administrator Apprentice to join our Direct Debits Team. The role is based in our Hereford Office.
Reporting to the Direct Debits Team Leader, in this role you will assist the Team in the processing of Direct Debits and maintenance of the Direct Debit Instructions. You will learn all about the compliance with the Direct Debit Scheme Rules regulated by BACs.
You will also assist with taking telephone payments in compliance with PCI requirements.
Primary areas of accountability:
As Direct Debit Administrator Apprentice, you’ll work alongside your team and work towards achieving some of the following key duties:
- Advising our clients on Direct Debit processes in accordance with the BACs scheme rules and with an understanding of banking practices;
- Assisting our clients and their customers, as well as third parties such as banks and police with a wide range of payment related enquiries, where the customer can be vulnerable;
- Processing telephone payments made by Debit and Credit Card on the Callpay system on behalf of our clients in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with PCI requirements;
- Administration of the Direct Debit processes, including data input, filing and shredding, using allpay’s Information Systems to produce letters, emails and reports, crating and updating spreadsheets used by the department.
Key skills required:
You'll demonstrate to us that you have:
- GCSE C or above in English and Maths or equivalent;
- Ability to use Microsoft Packages including Word and Excel, and an aptitude for working with new technology;
- Ability of working in a Customer Service role, including ability to deal with clients over the telephone;
- Ability of performing in an administration role, to follow procedures accurately and record actions taken at all stages;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to work well under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work without close supervision whilst ensuring key issues are escalated as appropriate.
In return, allpay offers a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we'd love to hear from you.
Please note that your application will be forwarded to Herefordshire Group Training Association (HGTA), who are the training provider for this apprenticeship, and who may contact you to arrange the assessment.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.