allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, with strong experience of driving transformational change across Azure & Azure AD cloud services. You will be working in an exciting, dynamic team, in a highly productive and engaging role, supporting and delivering agile and leading-edge cloud solutions within the Azure platform. An excellent welfare and benefits package is available along with exceptional training and development opportunities as part of the role. Working within the IT infrastructure services team, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be helping to drive transformational change across on-prem and cloud services.
Primary areas of accountability:
Within this role you will:
- Responsible for designing and implementing solutions with senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
- Supporting the Azure cloud services & virtual machines including SQL Azure and Azure AD, as well as on-prem Windows server operating systems and legacy managed VMWare environment.
- Knowledge of VMWare will be of advantage during a period of transition to Azure services. Based on DevOPS methodology, this will be a key role supporting Development, Staging and Production environments for an ever-growing portfolio of critical financial applications and highly compliant payment processing solutions.
- Work closely on the design and implementation of solutions with senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
- Help produce appropriate infrastructure designs and technical specifications in line with defined processes to support the development of new and improved systems.
- Work within Agile teams to help deliver solutions into live environments, including Azure Devops configuration and Cloud automation.
- Work with the team where required to resolve technical incidents.
- Provide support to colleagues through mentoring and guidance on best practice and continuous improvement.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours additional support during a major incident where the business need demands it.
- Participate in the IT Operations shift pattern (between 8am and 6pm) and out of hours rota.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
To be successful in this role you will have:- Excellent background as an infrastructure engineer.
- Strong experience of supporting Azure Cloud Services.
- Strong experience of supporting on-prem and cloud services Excellent experience of Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, Active Directory
- Experience of Biztalk an advantage
- Good experience of IP networks across firewalls, routing & switching, VLANS and VPNs and remote access
- Ideally PowerShell and scripting experience
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management experience
In support of the company's cloud migration strategy, exposure to the following would be beneficial:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft Azure PaaS
- Azure Resource Manager Templates and Blueprints
- Automated deployments with Azure DevOps
- Cloud Networking
- Cloud Security
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.