Warehouse Manager Rude Wines
Rude Wines is an online retail company that travels the globe to provide customers with the finest wine. Based in Ledbury, Herefordshire and founded in May 2013.
We are now recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to join the Rude Wines Team.
In this role, you will be responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process. The Warehouse Manager oversees the processes, systems and the team to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and productivity targets are met in an e-commerce environment. In addition, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
As Warehouse Manager, some of your key duties will include:
- Ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost;
- Implement a structured working day time-table for warehouse staff, to incorporate receiving and put away of inbound goods; picking / packing and dispatching of outbound goods; receiving, sorting and put away returns from customers and couriers;
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met. Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment;
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone;
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions. Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures;
- Plan future warehouse capacity requirements to cover storage space and staffing levels to cover seasonal peaks within the business;
- Oversee the operation of the IT warehouse management system;
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles and equipment;
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Fire Marshal duties, Key Holder duties, as well as occasional travel in the company’s van to deliver goods.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- A proven record of knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse;
- People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Technical and IT skills for database management and spreadsheets;
- Needs to hold a valid forklift truck licence and a full clean driving licence.
If you can see yourself working for Rude Wines, we'd love to hear from you.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.