Lead Systems Architect
allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
As part of our continued business expansion we are now recruiting a Lead Systems Architect to join our IT Leadership Team, based in our Hereford Head Office.
In this role, you’ll work with the IT Director to design, document and facilitate the implementation of allpay’s Enterprise Architecture, across the entire IT Department and with Third Party partners.
As Lead Systems Architect, some of your key duties will include:
- Working with business peers to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with stakeholders across the enterprise
- Reviewing the existing application estate to determine the current application landscape.
- Designing a ‘to be’ state of application systems and infrastructure to support future systems that ensures scalability and resilience.
- Producing a long-term strategy/plan that takes us from the current state to the designed ‘to be’ state.
- Working closely with the business to identify what the ambitions of the business are, and how the IT can support those ambitions.
- Leading a small team of application and infrastructure architects with line management responsibilities.
- Supporting the business in its cloud first strategy.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Proven expertise in problem decomposition.
- Previous experience with Cloud migrations, particularly desirable is a previous project relating to moving from On Premise to Microsoft Azure (both PaaS and IaaS).
- Strong development background and familiarity with the Microsoft stack as well as development patterns and practices.
- Understanding of interfaces and the protocols used to communicate between both internal and external systems, at a networking level, and at an application level. Some examples are SOAP, TCP/IP, REST.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, appropriate to many layers and levels of the business.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions, using a combination of industry standard toolsets, such as Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, UML, ArchiMate, BPMN etc, Prototyping tools, Project planning, Agile & Waterfall artefacts, etc.
- Strong technical background in both IT Hardware and IT Software. An appreciation of TOGAF, Zachman and their application in the "real world" would be useful.
In return, allpay offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year.
Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we'd love to hear from you.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.