SQL Database Administrator
allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are now recruiting for additional SQL Database Administrators to join our IT Operations team, based in our Hereford Head Office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the maintenance of allpay’s databases, supporting production services for over 1000 clients. allpay’s systems process millions of transactions worth over £7 billion each year, so it is essential that our production databases are first class. You’ll also help shape the strategic aims for allpay’s database provisions, working closely with Senior Managers within the IT Department and across the business as a whole.
As a SQL Database Administrator, some of your key duties will include:
- Monitoring, optimising and ensuring allocation of physical data storage for database systems;
- Designing and implementing Data Warehousing techniques where necessary to support Business Intelligence and reporting requirements;
- Creating models for new database development and making changes to existing ones to ensure optimum performance;
- Working with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures;
- Designing and implementing redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices;
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including MS SQL Server and MySQL;.
- Industry standard database administration qualification (MCTS / MCITP) or equivalent;
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience;
- Project management experience.
In return, allpay offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we'd love to hear from you.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.