Senior Software Engineer
allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
As part of our continued business expansion we are now recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join ourSoftware Delivery Team, based in either our Hereford Head Office or our Cheltenham office. In this role, you’ll be instrumental in maintaining a pre-emptive and pro-active security alert status within the IT department, both to keep systems and services secure from threats, and to ensure systems and services comply with regulatory requirements and controls through log analysis, scanning, assessments and investigation.
As Senior Software Engineer, some of your key duties will include:
- Driving progress on the requirements gathering process to help ensure requirements contain enough information and fact to support design, development and implementation.
- Turning business requirements into actionable development tasks that can be distributed to the members of the development team and yourself.
- Working as part of a project team with the objective of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Driving the production of software that meets the requirements of the business and users with scope for extensibility, ease of maintenance, supportability and configuration.
- Working autonomously without support/supervision, delivering good quality work on time and to budget.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Ability to solve problems and provide workable solutions or workarounds. Demonstrate continual learning and adaptation to new technologies.
- A strong knowledge of software and hardware systems including networking at an operating system level.
- Commercial experience of following a development methodology. Agile SCRUM or Waterfall. SOLID principles beneficial.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding in the majority of the following technologies;
- HTML5 / CSS
- C#.NET or VB.NET (MVC pref).
- SQL Script.
- Restful WebAPIs or WCF
- APIs & Integration experience
- ORMs (Entity Framework /Core)
- TFS or Similar
- TDD or BDD
- Build servers/build scripts/CI
- MS-Azure or Cloud based systems.
- Design Patterns & Dependancy injection
In return, allpay offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we'd love to hear from you.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.