Junior Software Engineer
allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
As part of our continued business expansion we are now recruiting for Junior Software Engineers to join our Software Delivery Team, based in our Hereford Head Office. In this role, you’ll design, implement and support software and system solutions that meet the needs of allpay, working closely with more experienced colleagues to progress your knowledge & understanding of the role.
As Junior Software Engineer, some of your key duties will include:
- Assisting in the requirements gathering process to help ensure requirements contain enough information and fact to support design, development and implementation.
- Turning the business requirements into actionable development tasks, or be given tasks from this list to complete.
- Working as part of a project team and report into the project manager on a daily basis and work as part of a team with the objective of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Assisting in the production of software that meets the requirements of the business and users with scope for extensibility, ease of maintenance, supportability and configuration.
- Working alongside colleagues in other teams such as IT Operations to ensure that the product being created is able to be fully understood, adopted and supported by that team.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Ability to solve problems and provide workable solutions or workarounds.
- Ability to continually learn and adapt to new technologies and implement where suitable.
- A good working knowledge of software and hardware systems including networking.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skill, and the resilience to cope with working under pressure to deliver to deadlines.
- Show a desire and ambition to learn programming languages, showing some existing knowledge and understanding of at least one of the following;
- HTML5 / CSS
- C#.NET or VB.NET (MVC pref).
- SQL Script.
- Restful WebAPIs or WCF
In return, allpay offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we'd love to hear from you.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.