Application Support Technician
allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are now recruiting for an Application Support Technician to join our IT Operations Team, based in our Hereford Head Office. In this role, you’ll join a team of Application Support Technicians to maintain and support multiple software applications.
As Application Support Technician, some of your key duties will include:
- Providing support to key business users, both internally and externally, to prioritise, resolve and manage defects, issues or concerns with allpay applications
- Monitoring critical systems and liaising with 3rd party suppliers as necessary to resolve problems
- Supporting project and other business stakeholders, proactively suggesting solutions to complex issues and proposing creative alternatives to existing methods where necessary
- Identifying root cause of issues, recommending and implementing solutions as required and escalating where appropriate to ensure minimal disruption to business functions
- Creating and update user guides, self-help documents and FAQ’s to support client and customer product knowledge
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Demonstrable experience of supporting applications and systems, ideally in a financial environment
- Experience of utilising and updating support call logging systems
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of SQL
- Experience of raising changes to be implemented through an internal Change Management process
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to investigate issues and proactively determine solutions
In return, allpay offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we'd love to hear from you.
This role will close for applications at 9am on Monday 4th December. We will let all applicants know the outcome of their application by the end of Tuesday 5th December. Outlined below is the interview and assessment timetable for this role. If, for any reason, we have to amend this timetable we will let impacted candidates know as soon as possible. If a candidate successful at previous stage cannot attend the next stage on the outlined date, we will endeavour to be flexible but cannot guarantee this.
Telephone interview: 7th December 2017
Competency interview: 13th or 15th December 2017
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.