Apprentice case study - Danni Francis
Why did you choose to go down the apprenticeship route?
I didn’t feel that University was right for me, and I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do. Also, after 2 years at sixth form I decided I wanted to finish everyday education and felt that an apprenticeship would be good for me as I still wanted to gain further qualifications.
A day in the life of…?
A day in the life of a client care advisor consists of:
- Answering calls from customers and clients and aiming to resolve their query (resetting passwords for all systems, advising how much has been paid, referring back to organisations)
- People ask if we can come out and mow their lawns, or move their bins, or fit their new door… We then refer them back to the organisation!!
- Responding to emails
- Returning mail
- Returning cards
- Taking payments
- Ordering cashless cards
- Ordering core cards
- Advising prepaid customers
- Working with police to aid their enquiries (DPA’s)
- Chasing production
- Chasing clients for re orders
What are your top tips for apprenticeship success?
Listen to all of the advice you are given, but make sure you do what you feel is right!!
What kind of opportunities have opened up for you on your apprenticeship programme so far?
Residential with HGTA was a great opportunity for me as I with my previous employer I lost all my confidence and I did not have an apprenticeship placement. My confidence grew hugely during this week and a few weeks later I had my interview with allpay, the feedback I received from this was that I was an extremely confident individual with a lot of character.
How to apply
If you’re interested in becoming an allpay apprentice, we want to hear from you! You can view our current apprenticeship vacancies here.
Alternatively if there are no vacancies that suit you at this time, please register your details and send us your CV.
If a suitable vacancy does arise we can then contact you quickly and easily.